Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The FREE $25,000 Vacation Continued

The second leg of the Wes Melcher $25,000 FREE VACATION took us on a First Class flight from Los Angeles to Key West, Florida. Sara has been talking about her family tradition of "Lobstering" for as long as I have known her, so we made plans earlier in the year to participate in this amazingly difficult but very entertaining experience. In typical Wes Melcher form I challenged Sara that I could get more lobsters than she could, and that was a HUGE mistake!

Sara is not only an expert at this crazy sport, but she has practiced many times!! I assumed that catching a lobster with your hands couldn't be that difficult, but I was definitely wrong!! Her family also handicapped my experience by giving me the leftover "Lobstering" supplies!! We had to free-dive in about 10 feet of water, and use a lobstering stick, bag, measuring gauge and gloves. The trip was a HUGE Success with our group bringing in over 125 Lobsters in two days!! I was the loser on the leaderboard with a whopping two lobsters!!

Key West was a great change from the pace of the previous week in Hollywood. We got a chance to relax around a totally different pool scene at a great Hyatt Resort, which we got at a huge discount thanks to WorldVentures! We also got a chance to eat some amazing food, which included multiple pieces of KEY LIME PIE!!
We also got a chance to wrap up a couple of the days with some pier fishing that yielded very little results, so all in all my outdoors skills were below average at best on this leg of the trip!!!
This leg of the trip was adventurous to say the least, and I am glad we got to spend time on the boat, but sleep at a great hotel, because sleeping with the fish and lobsters would have been interesting!!




No comments: